Saturday, March 7, 2015

Today is . . .

Today is . . . are you ready for it?   Well, today is . . . 

Sock Monkey Day

Yes, it's Sock Monkey Day.  I'm not sure who makes these things up, but I saw it on the Create with TLC website yesterday (click here). Check out Paulette's blog/store. She offers beautiful sentiments for free as well as sentiments and graphics for sale in her store (very reasonable prices).

So onto the reason for today's post ~ Sock Monkey Day !  Doodle Pantry has a 


digital set that just screams "Use me today!"  Well, use me anyday . . . but especially today !


I got the idea for the framed monkeys from Ann, a fellow Doodle Pantry Design Team member (here).  Her monkey frames are different than mine, but it set the inspiration wheels in motion ~ that and the fact that I didn't have a movie reel die cut {smile}

I used 4 sock monkey pre-colored images for the window openings and two digital designer papers from the set. 


I bought the Small Flower Box die (Poppy Stamps) a while ago but it's my first time using it.  I cut two, using a full one for the bottom and half of one for the top of the window.  Cutting the window wasn't difficult, just don't look too close at my cuts (I used my 1" square punch to punch out the window openings).  And since it's Winter, I decided to go with evergreen sprigs instead of flowers in my flower box. 

{ OK, we have flowers blooming here in Florida, but I thought I would do sprigs for my northern friends who won't be seeing flowers for quite some time. }


The sentiments are computer generated and split between the front and inside of the card.


So, Happy Sock Monkey Day.   And if you feel like creating . . . There's still time to join in on the Doodle Pantry Ants in My Pantry Digital Challenge (click here). Any digital image, from any company is acceptable.


Check out Funky Sock Monkey by clicking on the image below. And, if you purchase this set, $1.00 of every sale will be donated to Operation Write Home.

Funky Sock Monkey



3 comments:

  1. How adorable and clever. Love your window of monkeys! What a great design!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sock monkeys! I love this card! (I did see flowers in Vancouver, but it will be a long while before I see them here at home...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather I LOVE how you used the window box with the four monkeys, awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Your words of encouragement keep me 'crafting.'