Sunday, March 29, 2015

Christmas Card Challenges #17

Before I begin, I want to say a huge welcome to Carmen (check out her blog here, she is such a dear) and Erin for following my blog.  I couldn't find Erin's blog, but I'll be looking for it.

It's another easy one this week, since we have one more Anything Goes over at Christmas Card Challenges.

I recently bought a Distress Tool and I thought I would try it out on this card.  As is the norm for me ~ lately ~ when I went to use it, I couldn't find it.  So, I had to distress the papers the old fashioned way with sandpaper.  And of course, right after I finished sanding away, I saw the distress tool on my work table. in plain sight ~ how does that happen?


The sentiments are from Holly Juniper - front and Holiday Greetings-inside (both from Doodle Pantry).  The poinsettia flower is a die cut by Cuttlebug. I added a few yellow stamen pearls to the center rather than the paper one that comes with the die cut.  The decorative mat for the front sentiment is a die cut by Whimsy Stamps.  The stick pin is handmade and I added a bit of red and green burlap strings under the flower.





Stop by the Christmas Card Challenges blog to see what the other Design Team Members created this week.  We'd love for you to join along. Before you know it, Christmas will be here and you'll have wished you had a few more cards made.


The Christmas Card Challenges Design Team:
Alanna    Carol    Donna     Gail    Heather     Jessica     JoAnn     Lisa
Justine     Margo     Marsha     Monica     Shirley Anne     Tenia


Click on the pictures below to go to the Doodle Pantry store for these two items

Holly & Juniper Pre-colored  Holiday Greetings

I'm entering this card in the Whimsy Inspirations Challenge: #81-Use a Die Cut

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous poinsettia -- the burlap strands behind it are perfect -- and just an all-round lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an absolutely gorgeous Christmas card Heather!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Your words of encouragement keep me 'crafting.'