Just like glitter (see this post here
), I have more Baker's Twine that I could ever possibly use in my lifetime. So I came up with an idea to use "some" of it (like the glitter, this embellishment does not use that
much twine, unless I make 500 of these little guys . . . out of each color lol).
How about another Photo Tutorial? Two in one week, you say?? What has gotten into her??
So, grab your craft supplies and let's get started.
Baker's Twine~any color
Metal Paper Clip (I used the smaller size, but any size would work)
Cardstock~I used a 1" x 2-1/2" scrap piece
Wrap the Baker's Twine around the cardstock (I wrapped 7 times, but it's up to you, depending on how thin or thick you want your "tassel")
Open the larger end of the paper clip a bit and slide it under the Baker's Twine. Then close the end back up.
Note: I suppose you don't have to "open-close" the end; I just found it easier for me.
I placed the paper clip on the long end of the cardstock for the next step mainly because I didn't have 3 hands, which would have helped. The ideal would be to create/have a little "holding" pin/nail/bar/doohickey thing, but I didn't.
Cut a piece of Baker's Twine about 10" long and fold in half.
Wrap the above piece around the "tassel" area and tie a knot as close to the end of the paper clip as possible.
Cut the looped tassel ends and the ends of your "knot" even. Fluff (I used the 4 strands from the "knot" as part of the tassel).
I was going to use these tassels on a different card, then I remembered Doodle Pantry
has the perfect set for my purple and orange tassels ~ Cheer Spirit
I created the background paper by placing different sized pompoms in Word (the benefit of working with png files). The sentiments are computer generated.
The inside of the card finishes the sentiment.
Remember, Doodle Pantry's
creator Laurie is having 10 days of Inspiration and Gifts. If you missed the first 7 days, you can go back and comment on each day's post, since you have until April 14th to complete all your commenting.
10 DAYS OF INSPIRATION AND PRIZES
- There will be a total of 10 posts from April 2 thru April 11 showcasing a matching card and glass magnet that I have made
- Each inspiration post (total of 10) will bring you the opportunity to comment for a chance to win a $5.00 coupon to spend at doodlepantry.com
- You may comment ONCE on each days inspiration post
- There will be ONE WINNER selected from each days inspiration post
- You will have until April 14 to comment on EACH day inspiration post
- There will be a LINKY on the LAST POST where you can add your name/email to be entered to win a GRAND PRIZE of clear polymer stamps (picture of stamps in the prize will be posted on April 11)
- All the posts $5.00 coupon winners and the Grand Prize winner are selected by random and announced on April 15
- YOU MUST CHECK BACK to see if you are a winner
- If there are unclaimed prizes on April 19, they will be redrawn and reposted
- Unclaimed prizes after April 25 are forfeited
Be sure to comment on every Inspiration post for a great chance to win!