Sunday, March 8, 2015

Christmas Card Challenges # 14

The challenge theme this week at Christmas Card Challenges is:

Sentiments Only
(no images)

This was a challenge for me since I'm not really a CAS/sentiment only type of person ~ especially when it comes to Christmas cards.  But looking through my stamps ~ digital and rubber ~ I realized that I had several wonderful sentiments that definitely could take center stage on a card.


Sarting with a cream 5" square cardstock base, I covered the front with gold-ish vellum; then die cut  2 nesting Fleur de Lis Squares (Spellbinders) ~ one out of shimmer green and one out of shimmer red.


The sentiment ~ from Doodle Pantry's Christ Your Treasure set ~ was printed on cream cardstock and distressed using Tsukineko Brilliance Rocket Red Gold ink.

I added a gold organza bow and a decorative brad to finish off the card.  The inside, the photo still happens to be in my camera-sorry , mirrors the front with a solid green mat, red large Fleur de Lis Square and larger cream distressed solid piece to write a personal note.


Stop by the Christmas Card Challenges blog to join us this week with your Sentiment Only cards. 
Note:  Our weekly challenges now begin at 10:00 a.m. MST every Sunday.
You can check out what the other DT members created by clicking on their name below.

Justine     Margo    Marsha     Monica     Shirley Anne     Tenia


Click on the picture below to check out the Christ Your Treasure set at Doodle Pantry
Christ Your Treasure

5 comments:

  1. I love how you drew the attention to your lovely sentiment here Heather, and I love your gorgeous bow!
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. I love how you have featured that great sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've definitely made this sentiment shine on its own! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh Heather gorgeous! Perfect CAS card I even have that die I'm definitely going to case this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Your words of encouragement keep me 'crafting.'