Saturday, April 26, 2014

Tea Time

Last year a good friend and I were in a play together.  Every rehearsal one of us would bring a tea bag and we would each enjoy a cup of tea together. She has temporarily moved back by her children due to a health issue, but every time I have a cup of tea, I think of her (she says she does the same).  I love how such a simple thing can bring two people together, even when distance separates them.

When I saw Doodle Pantry's digital set, Tea-rrific I immediately knew I had to use this set for my friend, who will soon be back "home" for a visit.

I created a "bag in a box"  ~ I don't remember where I saw the original YouTube video for this "box" but I had to alter the pattern so it would hold tea bags. **Note: The colors are actually a beautiful lilac and green color; I just wish the camera could capture the true beauty of the colors.


I printed the flower digi paper that comes with the set, then flipped the paper over to print the light purple pattern from the set . . . or so I thought. The purple pattern printed on the same side as the flower digi.  However, I decided I really liked it, so I flipped it over again (this time I really did) and reprinted the flower digi again. 


  

It's best to use card stock that's printed on both sides so when you fold over the ends, you have a pattern and not just "white." 


The sentiment and the teapot are included in the digital set (along with several other images). I added a paper rose and mini doily to the sentiment side of the box.


I also sponged all the edges of the box for a bit more definition, added a bit of lilac shredded paper and the tea bags and tied it off with a lilac organza ribbon.  I can't wait for her visit so we can share a cup of tea  ~ and I can give her this gift.


To purchase the Tea-rrific Digital Set or any other Doodle Pantry digital set, click on the picture below.
Tea-rrific

Challenges:
Created with Love Challenges: In the Garden (flowers in the paper and sentiment)
Pattie's Creations Design Challenges: Easter (lilac and flowers always remind me of Easter)

7 comments:

  1. I'm not sure the real colours could be better, Heather -- this is just so very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow what a great creation...just love all the details in this... and the color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh Heather that is gorgeous! I love the papers and especially the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous!! What a great gift! I'll have to go searching for that youtube video.
    Sorry I'm so slow getting here, but I want to welcome you to the DP team!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a big fan of tea too. What a fantastic box! I am always in awe of people who make things other than cards. This is so cool and I loved the story that went behind it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, Love, LOVE!!! Thanks for joining us at Pattie's Creations Design Challenge for our Easter Challenge.
    Blessings,
    Zella

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Your words of encouragement keep me 'crafting.'