Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Doodle Pantry

This is my first post as a member of the Doodle Pantry Creative Team. I chose to use an image from the new Carousel Horse 3 set. This set includes 6 images (line art and color), 8 papers and 3 sentiments. The images and sentiments come in both jpg and png files. This set is so versatile . . . it can be used for male, female and kids cards as well as other projects.


I used 2 of the digi papers from the set and added coordinating blue and purple cardstock. However, if you don't have the right solid colors, no worries; you also get solid blue and purple digi papers in the Carousel Horse 3 set.


I used the color version of the Horse but once again lightened it a bit before printing. Then I re-colored it with Copics. The color version is terrific as it's designed, but it makes me feel like I've "added" something to my project when I'm able to enhance it a bit.


I love digital images because you can make them ANY size . . . so I added a smaller image to the inside. I also added a few more pennants and a sentiment that's from the set.


Be sure to check out the Doodle Pantry store (click here) to see all the new releases this month ~ I'll feature a couple of them throughout the month on my blog. This month Cute Cake is free with any purchase until April 24.  And, if you play along in the monthly challenge (click here after 12 noon on April 1) and use any Doodle Pantry digital image you 'll receive Petite Bouquet for free.  Hmmm, buy one set, make a card/project and get two additional sets for free. Now, who doesn't like a good deal? {smile}

     

7 comments:

  1. Like the color, banners & inside as well. I like Carousels.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    Doodle Pantry DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful...love the banners on the side too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colouring, and love the banners!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to make several cards while you are at it! Love the banners and that darling image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They all look so lovely, fabulous banners and use of the paprs. Love the finishing off of the insides as well.
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you lighten the image before printing and then colour it! Great cards, fantastic layout!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Your words of encouragement keep me 'crafting.'