Thursday, August 14, 2014

Thank You!

I thought I would try something new that I've never done before in cardmaking.  I've used digital papers and images for quite some time, but I've never done a one layer card out of digis.

Using Doodle Pantry digi papers and pre-colored image from the Forget Me Not Color Plus set and Microsoft Word, I created the following one layer card.


Now to be honest, I did print a second flower image and cut out three of the flowers to add a bit of  dimension to the card.  However, the patterned paper, the green matting and the first flower image were all printed in one pass . . . no cutting, no piecing ~ I inserted the paper png files, resized each one, added a green border, added a white frame in the center, placed the flower png file in the frame and wallah . . . my card was done.


The picture below shows the one layer better; except for the 3 flowers (and of course the Stampin' Up! sentiment) that I "puffed" up.


I added pink candy dots that I made~love making these~to the corners and an organza bow to finish off the card.  

I think I'll print a few more of these.  I need to send a Thank You card to my two cousins who worked many hours helping my parents clean up a flooded basement from the Michigan rains this past week. I love them like sisters and I know my parents are grateful beyond words.

There's still time to play along in the Monthly Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge. You can use any digital image, but if you use a Doodle Pantry image, you'll receive the Camo Digi Paper Pack for FREE.



Forget me nots COLOR plus

Enter the DPDC49 using a Doodle Pantry image (not just a sentiment) and you'll not only be entered in the monthly prize drawing, but you'll receive the following for free. 

Camo Digi Paper Pack - featured for DPDC49


2 comments:

  1. Impressive! I play around with digital images, as you know, but not sure I'm up to this! The added popped-up flowers and sentiment add just the right dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I'm totally in awe! I had to really look to see it was 1 dimensional, perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Your words of encouragement keep me 'crafting.'