Sunday, August 31, 2014

Christmas Card Challenges # 40

There are only 13 more weeks until Thanksgiving weekend ~ which is usually when I send out my Christmas cards. Only THIRTEEN more weeks ?!?!  Where did this year go?

The theme this week at Christmas Card Challenges is: Anything Goes.  And, since there are only 13 more weeks until Thanksgiving weekend . . . now would be a great time to make a few Christmas cards and join our weekly challenge.


This card . . . the design and materials . . . were not my own.  I get together once a month with a couple girlfriends and we each bring a card design and the supplies to make one card. It's a fun, relaxing day and we each walk away with 5 totally unique cards.

So, kudos to Gerry Baker for designing this Christmas card. I had a lot of fun putting it together and it's a great CAS design that will be easy to mail.  We punched a circle in white cardstock, then embossed it.  On the inside, we embossed the top and bottom of the cardstock after stamping a Christmas message.


I suppose you could add something to the front, but I really like the clean look.  Sometimes I have a tendency to overdo and this is just right.


Stop by the Christmas Card Challenges blog to see what the other Design Team members created this week. Then, get working on your Christmas cards.  Did I mention there are only 13 weeks before you'll need to mail those cards?

2 comments:

  1. I really like the clean look of this too, Heather. I think it's perfect just as it is!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Your words of encouragement keep me 'crafting.'