Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Remember when...

     So much has changed since I started paper crafting. In some ways, cardmaking has become much easier: computers, die-cuts, machines, etc. And so many choices on designer paper, cardstock colors, matching ribbons, buttons and other embellishments. Wow! No wonder my Craft Room is overflowing.

     The gals over at 365 Cards (they're the ones that encourage you to make a card a day) had a recent Challenge for us to create a card using the trends back when we first started cardmaking.

     Boy, did that take me back. Fortunately, I'm not sure I should admit this, I still have some of the paper and punches I used when I first began making cards. So I used them to create the following card.

 
     The DP is cardstock that I had splattered with bright green and pink paint. The corner punch is one of the first ones I ever bought. I also used a couple old Sizzix dies (the heart and tags). It was all put together on pink cardstock with a bright green mat. OK, the ribbon is new, but I'm sure I used ribbon back when I started making cards.
 
     I'm also adding this card to the Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger (the picture is below).  I'm picking up the pinks and greens in the picture. I really love the Spring colors.
 
 
 


4 comments:

  1. Love these soft colors, my punches are so neglected... many thanks for joining us at 365 Cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Heather! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing like playing with punches again. Thanks for playing at 365 Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Heather! So glad that you joined in on the challenges this week over at 365 Cards!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Your words of encouragement keep me 'crafting.'