Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Christmas...really?

I realize it's only March, so why would I feature a Christmas card, you ask.
 
     Well, as I was checking out different blogs and challenges yesterday, I came upon a group that only does Christmas Cards, one every week--so they're not scrambling to get all their Christmas Cards made at the last minute. Makes sense. You can check them out here.
     Then I saw another blog that has a different challenge every day, to encourage you to make 365 cards each year. I guess I got the two mixed up and created a Christmas card with the latter's challenge criteria.
     Here's the challenge for this card (March 11 challenge). This challenge was to use a textured background over the entire card base. Even if you don't play along, it sure gets the creative juices flowing.


     I ran olive green metallic cardstock through the embosser, then lightly sanded the surface to give it a distressed look. The ornament is a sizzix die that I cut out of cardstock and gold vellum and put the two together (I didn't want a shiny ornament on a distressed card).  Placed the front on burgundy cardstock.
     I'm glad I mixed the two challenges together. I now have a Christmas card...one down, only 49 more to go.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful background and it is never to early for Christmas cards ;)
    Thanks so much for sharing with us over at 365 Cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for inspiring me to get more cards made throughout the year. I love the ideas and examples on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The background looks amazing! Thanks for playing at 365 Cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Your words of encouragement keep me 'crafting.'