Saturday, August 22, 2015

Guest Designer~Send A Smile 4 Kids

Several weeks ago my card was picked as a Top 3 for a Send A Smile 4 Kids Challenge (check it out here). 

With that recognition, I was asked if I wanted to be a future Guest Designer ~ well, HELLO!! Who wouldn't want to be?!  This is a wonderful organization full of wonderful people who dedicate their time and talents to collecting (and making) donated handmade cards to be distributed to children while they're inpatient at Children's Hospitals across the U.S. and Canada.

The Challenge for the next two weeks is:
Anything Goes 4 Kids 
  
The sponsors are Flat Friends Boutique (prize 6 digis), Crafty Sentiments (prize 3 digis) and Stitchy Bear Digital Outlet (prize $6 gift certificate).


I used a digital image from Flat Friends Boutique ~ All Wrapped Up.


And, of course, I had to "bling" it up a bit by adding strips of lilac glitter paper to the bottom gift.


Children cards accepted are: Thank You Notes (the children give these to the nurses or doctors); birthday cards; Mother's or Father's Day cards; holiday cards and "Happy Any Day" cards.  Check out the Guidelines for donating cards here; or to read more about Send A Smile 4 Kids and what hospitals they support, check it out here.


SCP Craft Club Members:
I started a box that will be sent around the mid to end of September. If anyone from the SCP Craft Club would like to donate a Handmade Card to this extremely worthy cause, please let me know.  

On second thought, bring your card/s to the September meeting (9/10) and you'll receive a free package of Paper Crafting goodies ~ from me to you ~ for supporting this worthy cause. 

Since our cards will go to children in Florida Hospitals, wouldn't it be nice to send a box of at least 100 cards?  Please help me reach this goal.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Heather - so great to have you guesting with us at SAS4Kids. You did a great job with your Flat Friends image. I love the clean & simple design. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A well-deserved honour! Love this sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a mighty big order there gf. I will see what ai can do to help you out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I knew you would. But they're easy, since they don't have to be extremely fancy. And you have really cute stamps/digis...hmm some precious moments??

      Delete

Thank you for commenting. Your words of encouragement keep me 'crafting.'