Friday, August 21, 2015

Bingo Tic-Tac-Toe

I have a project to share with you today that's been in the works for several weeks now.  Not that it's taken me that long to finish it, but life just got in the way and I had to set it aside for a couple weeks.

Most of my cards / paper projects tend to lean toward the "girly" side. So I thought I would change it up and make something for a "boy."  Really now, what boy doesn't love cars, right?  This project was a blast to make.  I didn't take pictures along the way, but I'll try my best to explain how I created this project.

Since Doodle Pantry has LOTS of car images~ I mean LOTS of car images... I couldn't pick just one ... I decided to create a project that used just about ALL of them. Hence, I came up with,

Bingo Tic-Tac-Toe
The object of the game is to cover 3 cars in a row (just like "Tic-Tac-Toe").  However, since each card has a few different cars on them and the same cars are in different locations, it makes it more like "Bingo" but with no "Free Space."


 To make my life easier, I used all pre-colored digis.  I love that you get B&W line art AND color images with each Doodle Pantry set.  It saves a lot of time on a project this big.

Each Card has 9 car images ~ there were 13 to chose from (I only used 1 "Bug" car image) ~ so I mixed up the images on all 4 cards.  Yes, you only see one Card here, the other 3 are just about completed, but I wanted to get this post done.


I used Photo Editing software to create the grid on the digital paper from the Classic Bug & Gas Can set. The grid piece is 4-3/4" square.  The cars were punched with a 1-1/2" square punch. I rounded the corners and sponged the edges to set it off from the background paper. This piece is matted onto Navy cardstock. I'm debating about laminating the Cards, but haven't decided yet.


The "Call" tags (I'm not sure what to call them) have a car image on one side and "What a gas!" sentiment, surrounded by a dotted circle, on the other.  I used a 1-1/2" circle punch for the car image, then sponged the edges. Using my light table, I glued the punched car to the back of the sentiments I had printed on an 8-1/2" x 11" piece of white cardstock.  Then the entire sheet was laminated.  I used a 1-3/4" circle punch to punch out the "Call" tags. Note: Because the car image is a smaller circle, the lamination won't separate.


To play the game, the car image is placed face down and the tags are selected one at a time.  If it matches a car on your card, you cover that image with a:
Marker Tag ~ aka Petroleum Can


I printed a sheet of gas cans, laminated the sheet and used a 1-3/8" circle to punch these out.

I hope you've enjoyed seeing this project as much as I enjoyed creating it.


The Doodle Pantry sets I used:
Classic Cars 1

Classic Cars 2

Classic Cars 3

Classic Clunkers 1

Classic Clunkers 2

Classic Bug & Gas Can

8 comments:

  1. Wowza! This is so creative and fun. Super fantabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat. I had so much fun with this one, that I decided to do a couple more with different themes.

      Delete
  2. What a fabulous project Heather, you've done an amazing job! This game would be so much fun for the kids when you're on a road trip, I bet it's going to be well received.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about using it for a road trip and was going to use magnets to keep the pieces 'secure', but wasn't sure they'd go through my laminator safely. Still thinking of ways to do that, though.

      Delete
  3. What a cute idea!!!! Love it. I have a few grandsons who are almost old enough to play Bingo. Must keep this clever idea in mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working on two others using farm animals & animals in general also, but I'm missing a few sets I thought I had. Might have to improvise.

      Delete
  4. Wow, Heather, you have outdone yourself! What a fun and original idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Your words of encouragement keep me 'crafting.'