I'm happy to say that I have recently joined the Design Team of two different card challenges: Crafty Creations Challenges and Christmas Card Challenges...I had to wait to say anything until it was announced. Whew! it was SO tough not to share it with everyone...which is why I haven't posted anything in a couple days.
Crafty Creations Challenges has a challenge every Wednesday. I designed the following card for them this week (I'll be designing a card every other week with the rest of the Team members). You'll want to visit the Challenge Blog because other Design Team members have some beautiful cards to inspire you. Or you can click on the Design Team Names (on the sidebar) to go to their personal blog to see other great cards each one has created.
The Challenge this week is "Your Favorite Fairytale" and it's sponsored by Guylou's Inimitability Digital Stamps. Hopefully it's obvious that my favorite fairytale is Cinderella.
Here's the parts and pieces that I used to make this card:
- Pink cardstock base with Stampin' Up! Designer Series In Color DSP matted on white cardstock.
- Spellbinders Floral Ovales sponged with Memento Angel Pink
- Cinderella shoe/pillow (MS image)--I used pink flocking for the pillow. I wanted to create a "glass slipper" look, so I found a piece of semi-transparent plastic. I cut out just the shoe (not the heel) and put pink sparkle glitter glue all over the printed shoe. The plastic shoe cutout was then placed on top of the glitter to secure it. The glitter shows through the plastic and I think it's as close to a "glass slipper" look I could get.
- I combined Stamp Fairy's Molly Fairy (free digi) sentiment with a wand graphic from MS . A little glitter for sparkle and the sentiment was complete.
- Pink and white organza for the ribbon and bow and a few white pearls completed the card.
The other group I'll be designing for is Christmas Card Challenges. I was introduced as a new Designer here (pic and bio). Their Challenges begin on Sunday, so you'll see what I've designed for them in a few days and I'll feature more of this group at that time.
Challenges I'm entering this card in:
Until next time, keep crafting.