Monday, July 28, 2014

Masculine Happy Birthday

I'm in desperate need of male birthday cards.  I am SO good at creating frilly birthday cards for my girlfriends, but when it comes to cards for the guys . . . well, I struggle.

If you also struggle with cards for those men in your life, then struggle no more. Doodle Pantry has many wonderful digital sets that make cardmaking for our male friends so much easier.


Now I'm not implying that a card with a fish on it is ONLY for a guy (I used to fish a lot when I was younger), but it's better than a card with lots of flowers and bows, pinks and purples . . . right?


Hubby and I ate in a restaurant recently that had Large Mouth Bass mounted all over the walls, so when I saw this digi, that was the look I wanted.  I got so excited with seeing the front of the card come together exactly as I envisioned it, that I forgot to finish the inside.  So, no pics for now, but I'll carry the wood digi paper to the inside and die-cut a piece of ivory cardstock so I can write a note.


Here's what I used to create this card:
Doodle Pantry Grunge Wood Paper Digi then embossed it using Paper Studio's Woodgrain Embossing Folder (the embossing may be hard to see in the photo, but in real life it makes the digital image pop even more)
Doodle Pantry Bass Fish Color Plus Set (sentiment is also from this set)
Dienamics Designer Labels 4 Stax
Stampin' Up! Extra Large Oval Punch
Memento Bamboo Leaves

Grunge Wood Mini Digi Paper 4 pack   Bass fish COLOR plus

3 comments:

  1. How super creative and fun. Great guy card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I knew right away that was one trophy-sized mounted catch. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right Heather flowers and fluff are just not guy cards, lol! Perfect masculine card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Your words of encouragement keep me 'crafting.'