Sunday, December 1, 2013

A New Year

Today I begin another 6 months as a member of the Christmas Card Challenges Design Team. I'm thrilled to have been asked to stay on for another "term" for several reasons. First, I love making Christmas cards and this gives me an incentive to get a huge head start on my cards for 2014; second, I love the gals that are on the DT with me . . . they've been SO encouraging and supportive; and third, I'm even more happy that they found me worthy to stay on for another term.
The challenge this week is No Stamping. Yup, that was a tough one for me, since I love all stamps: digi, rubber or clear/acrylic. And, I felt no stamps meant no sentiments either. UGH!! Me without something to say . . . hardly (I know you were all thinking it, so it had to be said).
I used an embossing folder and my Sizzix ornament die for this card. I added a bit of gold twine and red vellum to finish off the look. Very quick and easy and I'm happy with the look. . . . hmmm, maybe I like "No Stamping" afterall.

Stop by the Christmas Card Challenges blog to see what the other DT members have created. I'd love to see your card designs with "No Stamping."

1 comment:

  1. It always feels strange when I make a card without stamping, too. :) This one's a beauty, Heather! Glad you get to stay on a team you enjoy so much, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Your words of encouragement keep me 'crafting.'