Sunday, November 17, 2013

I'm Thankful

It may seem strange to have the title of this post "I'm Thankful" and then show a Christmas Card. However, I'm thankful that this year I'll be spending Thanksgiving with my parents - YAY!!. And, I'm also thankful that other events in my life are over and I can finally get back to creating cards. Being creative really relaxes me (although at times it may not seem so . . . like when I'm rushing to get a card finished for a challenge).
 
Speaking of challenges, Christmas Card Challenges has a sparkly challenge this week. The theme is  Bling.
 
 
One advantage to having my parents visit is it forces me to straighten up my Craft Room (which also is home to a sofa and TV, which they'll use).  While I was cleaning, I found this cute embellishment; not sure when or where I got it, but I thought it would be perfect for this challenge.
 
I normally don't do Clean & Simple cards; I like lots of layers or fancy die-cuts. But I think less is more with this card. I love it just as it is . . . CAS.  I had to add something to the inside (you know me, I can't leave it blank anymore), so I kept the inside CAS also. Be sure to stop by Christmas Card Challenges this week to see what the other DT members have created.

Card Recipe: Cardstock-Stampin' Up! Very Vanilla; DP-Paper Studio, Old World Winter; Ink-Memento Cottage Ivy; Front Stamp-no name except G-1591; Inside Stamp-Hampton Art; Bling from my stash

2 comments:

  1. That front sentiment is so beautiful, Heather, and perfect for that blingy embellishment! Lovely card, inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful Heather, I love the pretty embellishments.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Your words of encouragement keep me 'crafting.'