Sunday, September 15, 2013

It's Musical

  This week's Christmas Card Challenge theme is to incorporate Music into your card.  I had SO much fun putting my card together this week.  I think out of all the cards I've done recently, this one I'm most proud of.

 
I colored the image (from ginormasource) using Copics. Everything just came together the way I envisioned it. I'm learning how to shade and color using a limited number of Copics. Maybe someday I'll splurge and buy more, but for now, the budget doesn't allow it.
 
 
The musical background paper is from the Paper Studio-Old World Winter Paper Pack. I added organza ribbon and a bell charm pin I made.
 
 
So as not to muddy up the outside, I added the sentiment to the inside of the card (it's from Stamp Fairy).  The solid cardstock is black and deep wine. Not sure if those colors come through on the blog or not.
 
 
Be sure to check out what the other Christmas Card Designers have created for your inspiration this week. Click here.
 
I'm entering this card in the following challenge:
  >  Our Daily Bread Designs Challenges #170: Get Ready for Christmas 
 
Keep Crafting,

4 comments:

  1. Heather, the Drummer Boy has always been one of my favorites and I just love the stamp you used to go along with the music paper. Lovely card:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Heather. What a sweet image, beautifully coloured, and I love the little bells charm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Heather, what a precious and sweet Christmas card! Such a great reminder of what we have to offer our Savior! Nothing but adoration and praise! I love it, and I'm so glad you've joined this week's ODBD challenge! Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how sweet Heather!! I just love that image...it reminds me of the Precious Moments. Precious Nativity!! Beautiful colors and design!! A great card showing the real meaning of Christmas!! Thanks for joining us at ODBD!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Your words of encouragement keep me 'crafting.'