Sunday, July 28, 2013

Christmas Card Challenge # 35

   It's been a really rough week. And, unfortunately it's affecting my "creative mind" also. No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to finish a card.
   Thank goodness I had finished a card for our Christmas Card Challenge this week before my "funk" set in.  The Challenge this week is: Background Stamps.  However, remember that the only real requirement to play along with us is to create a Christmas Card.

   Now, since I don't really have any Christmas "background" stamps, I had to improvise. I found a really cute Christmas Tree stamp (from the dollar bin at Joann's) and used it to create a background.


   I kept the overall design rather simple; opting only for a tag, silk and organza ribbon and a pretty button for accent. The cardstock is actually burgundy, although in my pictures it looks more red for some reason.


   I stamped the tree image on the inside as well. And, added a second sentiment using Memento Bamboo Leaves Ink.  I sponged the edges with the same ink. The trees are are stamped with Memento Rhubarb Stalk Ink.


   Head on over to the Christmas Card Challenge Blog (click here) to see what the other Design Team members have created for you this week.


   Hopefully I can get back into my "crafting" mood again, and real soon. I have so many cards started, maybe one of them will make their way to my blog this week.

I'm entering this card in the following challenge:
  > Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra

Keep Crafting,

4 comments:

  1. Heather, I love coming to your blog on Sundays! I love seeing what you've done with the inside! This outside is gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card looks like you have your creative mojo working well! Great idea stacking the trees on that pattern for a background...how clever!

    Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving the sweet comments! How nice. :)

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, Heather! Your improvised background is perfect. Hope your crafting funk is gone with the start of a new week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful. Thanks for entering this into the CHNC challenge challenge extra for July - hope to see more of your Christmas crafting soon. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Your words of encouragement keep me 'crafting.'