Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Babies

   That's the theme this week at Crafty Creations Challenges. The sponsor of the challenge is Beccy's Place (she's providing a great gift to the winner). I've used one of her digistamps called "Quilted Horse" and I think it's perfect for the "Babies" theme.

 
I was cleaning out my "loose paper bin" the other day and found this blue and green/yellow plaid paper (it's not really green and it's not really yellow, but it's not really a yellow green either...not sure what to call it). I added matting, another "greenish" paper and a few Spellbinder scalloped circles. I used Sharpies and Copics to color the digistamp. Added green and blue twine, heart buttons in similar colors and finished it off with a "Welcome Baby" computer-generated sentiment.
 
 
 I had two cousins who recently had babies...unfortunately, both had girls. But I couldn't resist the colors in the plaid paper. I guess I'll just have to make another one in pink and purple.
 
Check out the other Crafty Creations Challenge Design Team members and see what inspiring creations they've put together for you this week.
Evelina
Heather-You're already here
Marlene
 

I'm entering this card in the following challenge:
     >>Freshly Made Sketches #93: A Sketch by Allisa
Keep Crafting,
 

5 comments:

  1. Dear Heather, I finally found you! This is a great start at Crafty Creations Challenges, you have made a fabulous baby DT card. I can't wait to see more of your project.
    Hugs from Poland
    Anna
    CCC DT mate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable, Heather! Your quilted horse is perfect, as are the patterned papers. And of course if you make a card with blue, someone's bound to have a girl, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet quilted horse image - it's such a great image to use for a baby card, boy or girl! I like how you attached your sentiments to the heart shaped buttons - really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card to welcome a baby! Plaid is always a perfect background for baby cards. Love all these layers and those sweet hearts! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such an adorable baby card! Love the gorgeous and very cute image you've used - it goes so well with the plaid DSP! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Your words of encouragement keep me 'crafting.'