Sunday, May 19, 2013

Using Old Items...finally

  Do you have an item in your crafting 'stash' that you just never seem to use? About a year ago, I bought 4 sets of octagon Spellbinders (2 scalloped and 2 regular). It was such a good deal, so how could I resist?
  You guessed it; almost a year later and they've never been used.  Well, imagine my utter delight when I saw a Challenge at Friday Sketch Challenge that used an octagon shape (well, it was close to an octagon, so that's what I used). Here's the Sketch for this week's Challenge.

 
  And here's the card I created. I had a terrific time putting it together, since I was finally able to use my octagon Spellbinder dies. This was another "fun" day of creating a card for no one in particular.
 
 
  The DP is from Making Memories-The Simply Fabulous Collection-Brooke. The bright green and pink are from DCWV-The Bewitched Cardstock Matstack. The graphic is a free digital image from WhimsieDoodles and you can find it here. I actually flipped the image over (the bug is supposed to be hanging upside down). That's the wonderful thing about digital stamps; you can flip them, rotate them or even turn them upside down.
 
 
  I so enjoyed using the octagon die, that I had to use it one more time on the inside.  Thank you Friday Sketch Challenge Group for inspiring me to finally use Spellbinder Dies that I've never used.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Your words of encouragement keep me 'crafting.'