Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Special CAS Cards

Sorry for my recent hiatus from this blog. Things got real busy around here the past couple of weeks. I won't go into details, but if you know me personally...I think you understand.

Well...my mom finally received her Mother's Day card. So, I can now post the card. I'm thrilled that she has subscribed to my blog, but it makes it a bit difficult to showcase a card that she hasn't received yet. {Note: Mom, please don't 'unsubscribe.'}

I wanted to create something bright and cheery for her this year because we both are a bit sad that we couldn't spend Mother's Day with each other. Somehow the hot pink, bright yellow and green cardstock colors just seemed to "pop" on the white card base.  A Spellbinders Flourish Die Cut and rhinestone flowers added just enough accent and elegance.

 
This is such a Clean and Simple (CAS) design that can be used for any occasion just by changing the sentiment and color theme. Don't have a Spellbinders Flourish die cut? No problem...just add ribbon and a bow or flowers in it's place.
 
I recently bought a new wavy circle punch, so I used it to create a "window" in the hot pink cardstock. I printed the Happy Mother's Day sentiment from my computer and matted it with a bright green cardstock scalloped circle.
 
 
I didn't "puff" anything up, even though I really wanted to add some dimension to the card. After all, I had to mail it...and, well, I've been down that path before. I was just glad the rhinestones made it to her safe and sound.
 
I trust everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day...with lots of wonderful surprises.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Your words of encouragement keep me 'crafting.'