Monday, May 20, 2013

Cardmaking Lesson #1

  Many of you have asked for a cardmaking tutorial. Well, today...that's what I have for you. But please be patient with me as I work on my "written" tutorial skills. It seems SO much easier to show you all of this in person.
 
  Too often I forget to take 'in-process' pictures, but this time I remembered to take a few. So, grab your cardmaking items and follow along.
 
  Here's the card I have for you today.


  The card front and back is the largest die from Spellbinder's Fleur de Lis Rectangles set. I created a hinged cutout for the back and a full cutout for the front (I forgot to take a picture of this, so that will have to be a tutorial for another day).
 
  I kept the cutout in the die and sponged Memento Angel Pink from the edge toward the center.
  
 
 
  I used a homemade glitter spray to spritz white silk flowers.  You can make your own glitter spray by mixing some water, a squirt of metallic paint (I used FolkArt Metallic Amethyst) and some glass beads (to aid in mixing) in a spray bottle. 
 
 
You would never know the flowers were originally white.
 
 
I carried the color theme to the inside and added a few additional flowers.
 
 


 
  A couple more die-cuts (Spellbinders Floral Ovals and Lacey Ovals), some well-placed pearls, a Happy Birthday sentiment and the card is finally finished.
 
While I'm at it, I'm entering this card in Catered Crop's Fabric of Friendship Quickfire Challenge. I'm hoping that silk flowers are considered "Fabric."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Your words of encouragement keep me 'crafting.'