Sunday, July 5, 2015

Christmas Card Challenges # 31 ~ Color Challenge

We have a Color Challenge for you this week at Christmas Card Challenges. Actually, this challenge is going to run for two weeks, since most of us are on vacation ... or could use a vacation. LOL

And, since the Challenge is running for two weeks, I thought I would make TWO cards.  The first card I'll show today ... the second card I'll show next Sunday ... just so you don't forget we have a TWO WEEK challenge this time around.

Note: If you want a sneak preview, just head on over to the Christmas Card Challenges blog and you can see not only my two cards but a whole lot of creativity by the other Design Team Members.


I had a hard time with basically a B&W Christmas card. Then I had an "aha" moment.  I inked up an embossing folder with black ink and ran it through my Cuttlebug.  I decided to keep the look CAS; so I just added a bit of ribbon and matted sentiment.  OK, so there's a bit of yellow/gold on the card, but that doesn't count, right? 


I'd love to see your black, grey, smokey and/or white Christmas Cards ... however, the only real rule is that you make a Christmas Card and have fun.

3 comments:

  1. Wow Heather! I love what you came up with this time. I enlarged the photo so I could get a good look at all that beautiful embossing detail and it is fabulous.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Heather! I love what you came up with this time. I enlarged the photo so I could get a good look at all that beautiful embossing detail and it is fabulous.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. See, I was on vacation, so I'm late commenting! ;) Black and white for a Christmas card is a challenge, but I like how you've pulled it off! May have to think about this one...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Your words of encouragement keep me 'crafting.'