Monday, January 12, 2015

Just Another Corny Card

Problem: I needed ~ er, wanted ~ to make a "Thinking of You" card for a special friend.

But, I couldn't send the "typical" Thinking of You card to her because she has probably received a lot of them this past year.

               . . . Besides I felt she needed something "different" . . . she has a terrific sense of humor and such a positive attitude and spirit.



Thank you Create with TLC for an awesome sentiment. Perfect.

And, thank you From the Heart Stamps for an equally terrific digi stamp (Harvest Medley) to pair with the sentiment.



I also used several things from my "stash" box.  The digi papers I had printed ?? well . . . I'm not sure when, but they were in the "box."  The red burlap was in the box also.


I carried the papers and sketch to the inside to "complete" the card.

 

 And, here's where the "rest of the stuff" came from.
Digi Papers: 
NitWit Collection (Autumn Enchantment-Branches Cream, Plaid Purple & Plaid Taupe; Not Far to Fall-Rust Gingham)

Coloring:
Stampin' Up! (Blendabilities-Daffodil Delight & Old Olive; Marker-River Rock)
Copics (Y17, YG03 & E00 for the background)
Spectrum Noir (GB8)

Punches/Die Cuts:
Stampin' Up! ~ 2-1/2" round punch
Whimsy Shapeology Dies ~ Notables 1 Die

4 comments:

  1. My scraps never seem to play nicely together the way yours do -- here you had papers that go together and match the theme! Great colouring and a perfect atypical thinking of you card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sentiment is perfect!! What a great use for the image! I love it, and it turned out so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very welcome for the sentiment.....your card is adorable~!
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delightful design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Your words of encouragement keep me 'crafting.'