Monday, September 22, 2014

Down to the Wire

What do you do when your Craft Studio is all boxed up (ready for the big move in a week) . . . but you need to make a card now?  You panic use pre-colored digital images and digi papers.  Thank goodness Doodle Pantry has both.  (There's a reason I kept my laptop and printer hooked up until the last day.)


I used the cattails from Swimming Mallard COLOR Plus and the butterflies, sentiment and decorative paper from New Butterfly.  The colors from the two sets worked so well together.


I fussy cut the cattails and 3 different sizes of the same butterfly. The beauty of pre-colored images is you can use them "as-is" or enhance them with additional coloring. Since all my coloring tools are packed away also, I chose to go "as-is" on this card.


I did keep a small (very small) box of items just in case (glue, white cardstock, my scraps of color cardstock, etc) . . . so I was able to add dimensionals to the butterflies and sentiment.  Thank goodness I have more spools of ribbon than a normal person should have; it was easy to find that box for some yellow-gold ribbon.


I kept the inside simple, since I didn't have a lot of options.  


I'm entering this card in the Love to Create Challenge ~ #134 Fussy Cut


Swimming Mallard COLOR plus    New Butterfly

Stop by the Doodle Pantry store. You have until the 24th to receive TWO free sets with the purchase of any digital item in the store (click here for products).


4 comments:

  1. So pretty! No one would ever imagine the majority of your supplies are packed away at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Heather. Gorgeous colors and mix of images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card. Love the colors.
    Thanks for joining our Fussy Cutting Challenge at Love to Create. Good luck!

    Kitty
    LTC DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! Awesome job fussy cutting and such a great design. Thank you for joining our "Fussy Cutting" Challenge this week at Love to Create.
    Ruza ~ LTC Admin/Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. Your words of encouragement keep me 'crafting.'